MOFI4500-4GXeLTE V2 Download/Firmware Update Section:
NOTE THAT IS IT IMPORTANT TO VERIFY YOUR MODEL BEFORE DOING THIS UPDATE
This download is only for the MOFI4500-4GXeLTE V2 version.
If you have a V1 or V3 version, you need to use the other download section.
To know what model you have, check the bottom of the router and it will show the s/n number
If it is a V2 model, the s/n number will start with 2016 or MOFI4500 but will not say MOFI4500V3 like it does on the V3 model.
It is extremely important that you take your time and verify the correct model as putting the incorrect firmware can damage the unit and is not covered under warranty.
If you want to see a video on how to do the firmware update, you can look at it here:
MOFI RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS:
If your router’s power does not come on and flash or have an issues that is serious,
you can try to do a recovery as it is possible to have this fixed.
Things you will need before hand to perform recovery:
- The MOFI4500 V2 router itself (to verify if you have a V2 router, you could just flip over the router and on the bottom of the unit your serial number should say something like 2016 or MOFI4500…. but note it will not say )
- A computer/laptop with an Ethernet port
- An Ethernet cable
- A working internet connection to download 3 files (the instruction file, recovery file and the latest firmware)
- Instruction document to perform recovery:
You will need to download and save the latest firmware
Firmware 4.5.0std (For all providers)
Date: June 22 2022
– 4.5.0 Updated Remote Management with added features (free to use)
– 4.4.9 Updated Bandlock UI and scripts
– 4.4.9 Added multiple VPN options build in including (Cyberghost VPN, PIA, Updated ExpressVPN, Updated IPVanish VPN, Updated XL2TP Program, Updated NordVPN, Updated PureVPN, Updated SurfShark VPN
– 4.4.9 Usage can be viewed now by going to usage/
– 4.4.9 Autu MTU and Auto MSS off by default
– 4.4.8 Added new remote management portal with more features manage.mofimanage.com
– 4.4.8 Added new usage page by going to usage/ in your browser
– 4.4.8 Auto set visible to disable some settings to make it work better
– 4.4.6 Added band scanner like the MOFI500 to find the faster band
– 4.4.4 Updated Purevpn/Nord VPN VPN settings in router
– 4.4.4 Updated some old T-Mobile carrier ID converted to ATT
– 4.4.1 Roaming off by default
– 4.4.1 Added Ring Pro under System --> Misc Settings
– 4.4.1 Updated USB Printing Option
– 4.2.8 Updated Re-connetion Scripts
Instructions on how to update the router:
To do the firmware update, you must connect to the router with a network cable from your pc to the router or connect to the wifi.
Suggest to use Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari web browser to do this update.
1) Power on router and connect to port 1-4 on the back of the router or connect to the wifi network on the router
2) After router is completed booting up (takes approx 60 seconds) and power light is solid, open up your internet explorer, Firefox or safari)
3) In the address bar, enter
4) Click on basic mode on the top right and then click on the system on the side
5) Click on Manually Flash Firmware which is located under System
6) Uncheck “Keep Settings” and click on Browse… or Choose File
7) Locate the file that you saved and click on Open
8) Click on “Upload image”
If the checksum is not the same as listed here, delete the file you have and re-download it.
9) Click “Proceed” to start the update process (may take up to 2 mins).
When the power light starts to blink, the update is completed and the router is rebooting.
10) After update is completed and power light is solid, you will be prompt to log in
If not, make sure you are connect to the router via wifi or Ethernet and go back to the log in
11) After you are logged in, do a factory default that is located in basic mode then system then factory default.
Do the default and that would complete all the steps for this update.
It is very important to do the factory default after you have the new firmware on.