MOFI4500-4GXeLTE V3 Download/Firmware Update Section:
NOTE THAT IS IT IMPORTANT TO VERIFY YOUR MODEL BEFORE DOING THIS UPDATE
This download is only for the MOFI4500-4GXeLTE V3 version.
If you have a V1 or V2 version, you need to use the other download section.
To know what model you have, check the bottom of the router and it will show the s/n number
If it is a V3 model, it will say that in the serial number of the router.
If you want to see a video on how to do the firmware update, you can look at it here:
MOFI RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS:
If your router’s power does not come on and flash or have an issues that is serious,
you can try to do a recovery as it is possible to have this fixed.
Things you will need beforehandto perform recovery:
- The MOFI4500 V3 router itself (to verify ifyou have a V3 router, you could just flip over the router and on the bottom ofthe unit your serial number should say something like MOFI4500V3….)
- A computer/laptop with an Ethernet port onit
- An Ethernet cable
- A working internet connection to downloadthree files (the instruction file, recovery file and the latest firmware)
- Instruction document to perform recovery:
You will need to download and save this firmware to your PC if you want to do a recovery
https://mofinetwork.com/firmware/mofi4500v3/MOFI4500V3_RECOVERY.bin (note this cannot be used on a V1 or V2 model, only the V3 model)
Firmware 1.2.8std (For all providers)
Date Released: Jan 09 2022
Instructions on how to update the router:
To do the firmware update, you must connect to the router with a network cable from your pc to the router or connect to the wifi.
Suggest to use Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari web browser to do this update.
1) Power on router and connect to port 1-4 on the back of the router or connect to the wifi network on the router
2) After router is completed booting up (takes approx 60 seconds) and power light is solid, open up your internet explorer, firefox or safari)
3) In the address bar, enter
4) Click on basic mode on the top right and then click on the system system on the side
5) Click on Manually Flash Firmware which is located under System
6) Uncheck “Keep Settings” and click on Browse… or Choose File
7) Locate the file that you saved and click on Open
8) Click on “Upload image”
If the checksum is not the same as listed here, delete the file you have and re-download it.
9) Click “Proceed” to start the update process (may take up to 2 mins).
When the power light startsto blink, the update is completed and the router is rebooting.
10) After update is completed and power light is solid, you will be prompt to log in
If not, make sure you are connect to the router via wifi or Ethernet and go back to the log in
11) After you are logged in, do a factory default that is located in basic mode then system then factory default.
Do the default and that would complete all the steps for this update.