MOFI5500-5GXeLTE-EM7411 Download/Firmware Update Section:
If you want to see a video on how to do the firmware update, you can look at it here:
Here is how to insert the SIM Card
Here are seom videos that may help you understand the set up better
How to set a wifi password using the Wizard
MOFI4500 General Trouble Shooting Tutorial
MOFI4500 Recovery Tutorial (to restore MOFI4500 V2 routers not booting up properly)
setting up mofi cloudlink on MOFI4500 router
change admin password
manual flash firmware
MOFI4500 4GXeLTE SIM4 Band lock
The current user manual is located here:
https://mofinetwork.com/files/MOFI4500_4GXeLTE_V1_V2_V3_UserManual.pdf (updated 5500 user manual will be updated soon but 90% of the features are the same as this user manaul)
This download section is for the MOFI5500-5GXeLTE series
This includes the following sub models:
If for some reason you killed your router during an update or the router does not boot up, you can use the recovery option to get it back up.
If you need to do a recovery, please ensure that you are using the correct firmware as if it, it can damage the router
You can use the MOFI5500 Recovery firmware to get it back up
Please save both this recovery as well as the latest firmware on the page below to your pc
Once you have this on, then you can load the latest firmware which is currently 1.2.4std
To do the recovery on the MOFI5500 router, please follow these steps
Here is the latest official firmware for the MOFI5500-5GXeLTE
Firmware 1.0.6std (For all providers)
Date Released: June 10 2021
– 1.0.6std (Fixed Wireless Repeater and Fail over Issue)
– 1.0.5std (Fixed Load Balacing with Dual-EM7411 issue)
– 1.0.4std (added auto band scanner/lock where it will scan and lock to faster band)
Instructions on how to update the router:
To do the firmware update, connect to the router with a network cable from your pc to the router or connect via wifi to it.
You should not use Google Chrome to do the firmware update or anything else when you log into the router.
Use Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari web browser to do this update.
1) Power on router and connect to port 1-4 on the back of the router or connect to the wifi network on the router
2) After router is completed booting up (takes approx 60 seconds) andpower light is solid, open up your internet explorer, firefox or safari
(do not use Google Chrome)
3) In the address bar, enter
4) Click on basic mode on the top right and then click on the system system on the side
5) Click on Manually Flash Firmware which is located under System
6) Un-check “Keep Settings” and click on Browse… or Choose File
7) Locate the file that you saved and click on Open
8) Click on “Upload image”
If the checksum is not the same as listed here, delete the file you have and re-download it.
9) Click “Proceed” to start the update process (may take up to 2 mins).
When the power light startsto blink, the update is completed and the router is rebooting.
10) After update is completed and power light is solid, you will be prompt to log in
If not, make sure you are connect to the router via wifi or Ethernet and go back to the log in
11) After you are logged in, do a factory default that is located in basic mode then system then factory default.
Do the default and that would complete all the steps for this update.